Funny things are Everywhere...

Friday, January 7, 2011

Rocketship anyone?

So we're sitting and eating lunch and as ANY parent knows who has small children, vegtables aren't necessarily the easiest things to always get your kids to eat. So I've been trying to figure out how to get my kids to eat raw carrots and today I tried thinly slicing them, handing them each a baby carrots cut into four pieces. Devon, my 3 year old, looks at it and says, "Its a rocketship!" Which I have no idea where that came from but I took that thought and ran with it. We proceeded to have each piece of carrot "blastoff" from his plate and into his mouth. He would make comments about how yummy the rocketships were and he ate 5 whole baby carrots, which he may have eaten more but I didn't want to push my luck. Jack this whole time is watching me carefully and starts blasting off his carrots as well to be eaten. Jack doesn't quite have the molar abilities that Devon does so he held a whole carrot in his mouth for about 15 minutes before deciding to go back to Peanut Butter and Jelly (spitting out the wad of carrots onto his shirt). Its hard to find the humor each day but when you stand back and realize that you spent the last 45 minutes pretending that carrots were rocketships to get your children to eat decently you realize, its funny. So instead of feeling sorry for ourselves for the ups and downs of life I take this moment to say..."From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere."

1 comment:

  1. so sweet, what a mommies heart. Never thought about it that way!

    ReplyDelete