Funny things are Everywhere...

Thursday, January 13, 2011

A little tooooo ironic, yes I really do think...

Yesterday I signed up for a half marathon in April, on the 9th. I want to keep up with running and training and haven't had the motivation or energy these last 3 weeks to do it so I figured registering would get my butt in gear. Today I got a phone call from my Doctor telling me I have mono and not just any mono! Mono that apparently attacked my liver causing my bilirubon (spelling?!) count to sky rocket and on top of that the mono has made me anemic. Whats interesting is that I NEVER would have thought I had mono, I honestly don't feel too awful. I lack energy and my body aches but other than that I feel okay. I was at my sister in laws baby shower and wasn't feeling myself. My sister in law Christina said that my eyes looked a little yellow and when my mother in law agreed I made a doctor appointment, otherwise I never would have gone in! We're pretty sure that John has mono as well, we kiss each other everyday... and its called the kissing disease =) My children more than likely have it too... but I'm trying not to kiss them just to be careful. Which let me tell you, is actually pretty hard! I have to be very conscious about it! So today, I have Alanis Morisette's song "Ironic" going through my head. So instead of feeling sorry for myself I take this moment to rejoice in the excuse that I have to rest and take it easy. I feel alot less guilty about the 3 baskets of laundry that haven't been folded or the fact that I have NO idea whats for dinner. So I've pretty much canceled everything for the weekend and will just enjoy some down time. If I gave anyone mono, I am SOOOO sorry but I really had no idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment