Funny things are Everywhere...

Monday, January 24, 2011

I wonder...

Today's post is about one of our children, one that we haven't even met yet. Curious? John and I are adopting so lately I've been wondering, where is she?

John and I knew that we wanted to pursue either foster care or adoption before we were even married. After having two boys of our own we've felt called to grow our family through adoption. Its interesting the mixed opinions that I get from people. I honestly don't care what other people's opinions are, we are doing what we have prayed about and feel is best for our family at this time. We just sent in our formal application and are starting our home study in the next few weeks.

We were told that we will more than likely have a baby within a year so I began thinking that it could happen any moment that she might be conceived, I know its almost weird to think about but I'm dreaming about her. We have no idea what color hair or eyes she will have. We are not making specific requests on race so it leaves a range of possibilities. The process usually takes 18 months but since we haven't set restrictions they said that it will more than likely happen sooner. I'm SO excited, she is going to be so loved and have two older brothers that will adore her.

I share this with you to ask for prayers as we go through this process, its going to take a lot of faith as we walk into the unknown, something we've never done before. Tonight I'm wondering about my daughter and praying for her because I love her already =) Someday I'll get the chance to tip toe up to her crib, hold her little hand and pray for her. I love you baby girl, wherever you are...

1 comment:

  1. I think the same thing all the time. I also wonder if his/her mother is doing ok. If she knows she is pregant. If she is getting enough to eat. If the father is in her life. I already have a strong connection to the Mother of my baby & hope she is safe.
    I also already love my child wherever it is & hope it is not alone & scared (we are strongly considering adopting an older child or sibblings). And I hope that it is developing ok & getting all it needs.
    It is funny how when God puts something on your heart & you recognize it the connection automatically comes. Love finds its way to your heart. :)
    Praying for you friend & so excited we will be going through the process at (reletively) the same time.

    ReplyDelete