Funny things are Everywhere...

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Packer Backers

Its interesting to think back to my early experiences watching the Packers. I remember the phase where I was thrilled to sit next to my dad watching the game, pretending I knew what was going on and yelling whenever he did. Then there was the phase where I was annoyed with having to have football on every Sunday, wanting to watch something else on tv and not understanding the importance. In highschool and college I hardly missed a game and wanted to see every one. I met my husband and he enjoyed watching football but definitely wasn't as passionate as he is now. I think that John and my dad bonded alot over football, they would try to arrange to watch it together most weeks. I can remember last season when it came down to the last play of the season for us, my dad, John and Devon standing infront of the tv holding hands, yes holding hands praying the Packers to pull through. It was a pretty sad moment when their little "holding hands" moment didn't come through. But that was last season.... This season has been a different story. Both the boys get so excited over wearing their Packers gear and Devon will bend down to "hike" his imaginary ball as soon as he's dressed. Jack immediately runs away because this often means he will be tackled.
While I do think my husband can be obsessed, wanting to see every football game on, I do still enjoy the excitement. Its one of my favorite things about living in Wisconsin! I really enjoy watching Aaron Rodgers play, thats talent. I remember loving to watch Brett Favre and it actually makes me sad the way things played out for him. I wish he would have retired and gone out with Wisconsin loving him still. There are those that still love Brett but then are those (including myself) that feel a bit cheated, like an ugly breakup. I will admit I wrote this during the playoff game where we beat Atlanta but I've always been a great multi tasker. Theres something about the loyalty I feel towards the Packers, I was born in Wisconsin and therefore they will always be my team. I find it interesting that the Packers have the most loyal fan base, but I can say its not something that surprises me. I mean who doesn't love Donald Driver? Clay Matthews? Enough said =)
Its fun for me to think that my dad and grandpa were Packer fans and I'm raising two more =) Go Pack!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it Rose!! I have similar memories with my dad as well :) Being a Packer fan is just part of our blood! :) Your boys are getting so big!! :) Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete