Funny things are Everywhere...

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Our faithful friend

I was watching our dog interact today with my kids and thought today I would thank God for our dog, yes our dog =) I have a love/ can hardly stand relationship with my dog. He is absolutely fantastic with my kids and is very well behaved. We got him from the Humane Society and I had been shopping on their website for a few months. I don't think that all dogs are cute so I wanted to make sure to find one that I thought was and was also not high energy (crazy labs). I was looking for a few specific things but its amazing how few dogs fit this criteria. FINALLY Sawyer popped up on the website, we went and met him, spent 10 minutes with him and brought him home.
What more could I ask for!? A potty trained, medium sized, great with my children dog! He was 2 years old when we got him and weighed 30 lbs, just a little guy. We get asked all the time if he's a puppy. The kids often follow me into the kitchen when I'm letting Sawyer back in and squeel to see their friend.

I think its a really great thing for kids to have experience with animals. I used to make the comment that kids can't grow up right if they don't have a dog but I've made too many friends that don't like animals that I don't want to offend (even though I actually do still believe this). We always had a dog growing up, my mom loves animals and we never lasted long without a dog. Watching my kids with their dog makes me realize how God really looks out for us. This dog loves my kids, when one of them is sick he sticks near their side. He howls when the kids play their recorder or when the kitchen timer goes off. He takes a nap with us everyday and heads right for his bed when we all head up for our naps. He follows the kids from room to room and lays there watching them play. He even cleans the floors under the table where the kids dropped food so their poor mother doesn't have to clean it up =) Its funny how crazy your dog can drive you when he's shedding or just wants some attention but he's a good dog, a faithful friend to our family. The combination of my children and our dog makes me laugh, three balls of energy flying through my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment