Funny things are Everywhere...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Puzzles and Books, Books and Puzzles

These are two things that the boys enjoy just about everyday, I'm not quite sure how I lucked out so much. Devon will ask to sit at the table and make puzzles and Jack is usually standing there asking to do the same.


Here Devon is sitting at our kitchen table with a book of puzzles, its one of his favorites. Its pretty impressive at age 3 he can make 48 piece puzzles by himself (the one here is only about 16 pieces). He loves finding me after he's completed the puzzle so I can jump up and down with him and be excited over what he's accomplished. Its AMAZING to me how long he can spend doing puzzles, sometimes over an hour. I never have enjoyed such a thing but I guess its just how we are wired differently.






I like to think that Jack is wired like me but then he can sit at the table for an extended amount of time as well. He watches intently as his older brother works on his puzzles and mirrors this. He can whip through this ABC puzzle pretty fast now, he does a great job and I love hearing him babble as he's working (usually a mixed up version of the ABC's). Jack usually doesn't last as long as Devon at the table but can sit for a long time as well. I love watching children grow in knowledge and character, there is something just miraculous about it. To think that not too long ago Jack was just an infant relying completely on me and now has achieved so much indepence. I guess its what we all want as parents, makes us feel like we're succeeding.




This video I took I had to do a few times, anytime the boys catch me with a camera they often freeze up and stop whatever cute adorable little thing I've tried to catch! So I sat in the office pretending not to watch and caught them in the act of being just too cute. Devon has enjoyed the role as big brother and one of his favorite things to do is read to Jack, it gives him a sense of responsiblity and accomplishment as his little brother looks to him to hear what the story is about. Again I find alot of joy as a mom in moments like this, so I thought I would share =)


And okay, one more picture of Jack. We were all ready to go out the door to go somewhere and all of sudden Jack isn't around, so I start calling for him to come and I hear "No!" from the toyroom. I found him sitting reading books all bundled up and ready to go. I thought it was pretty cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment